Ten Movies You NEED to Watch

Hi, guys!! :)

So I started online college this week.  I got four classes worth fifteen credits, plus piano lessons and some psychology studying.  Yep, I am very busy, but I still got a sliver of time for writing blog posts!! :)

Today, I'm gonna be talking about ten movies that I LOVE.  I highly recommend all ten of these movies.  I have seen all of them at least twice, and some of them over a dozen times.  Here, in no particular order, are ten movies you need to watch!!

The Hundred Foot Journey
This movies combines a lot of things I personally love: food and cooking, a love story, and a message about overcoming the odds.  This film is set in France, and is about a family from India that moves to the French countryside and wishes to start a restaurant there.  This movie is a visual feast.

The Lady Vanishes
The oldest movie on my list, the Lady Vanishes was made way back in 1938.  This mystery movie directed by Alfred Hitchcock is a true masterpiece that has a truly brilliant plot.  This classic will keep you on the edge of your seat. 🙂

The Sound of Music

Another older classic that everyone should see at least once in their lives.  The Sound of Music is my favorite musical of all time.  With fantastic writing, a beautiful story, and amazing music, The Sound of Music will always be one of my favorite movies of all time.

The Incredibles
One of my favorite Disney-Pixar movies, The Incredibles is a great family movie that will entertain both children and adults alike.  With a semi-classic superhero plot, lovable characters, and plenty of high-quality humor, The Incredibles remains one of my favorite animated movies ever made.

Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park is an amazing science fiction thriller, with incredible special effects that seem incredibly ahead of their time.  Released in 1993, this movie tells the story of a dinosaur theme park gone wrong, with plenty of spine-chilling moments without getting too gory.  Jurassic Park is fabulous (and it will always be better than Jurassic World 😉 ).

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Of all the underrated superhero movies out there, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is definitely my favorite.  Unlike almost every other superhero movie I've seen, this film actually takes its time to develop the plot and characters without getting too boring.  That's probably why I chose to include this movie on my list. 🙂

The Lord of the Rings
This three-part movie saga is epic.  Characters that stick with you, an extraordinary plot, and an incredible world make these movies fantastic.  No wonder all three of them stand in the top 15 on IMDb's Top Rated Movies list.

Spirited Away
This Studio Ghibli masterpiece completely altered the way I looked at creativity and my novel writing.  This fantasy movie tells the story of a young girl who travels to a world of spirits and must get a job at the bathhouse for spirits in order to save her parents.  Along the way, this girl named Chihiro meets all sorts of fantastic characters.  This movie is a work of creative genius, and all writers of fiction should see this movie.

Finding Nemo
Undoubtably my favorite animated movie of all time.  Finding Nemo usually makes me cry at least three times throughout.  The characters, soundtrack, animation, and writing all blow me away on this one.  This movie has a very special place in my heart.

Mr. Bean's Holiday
Mr. Bean's Holiday is currently my favorite movie, and it's been my favorite for many years.  Mr. Bean's Holiday is a HILARIOUS comedy that also happens to be brilliantly written.  This movie will make you laugh, cry, smile, frown, and feel every other emotion.   Words cannot describe how much I love this movie.  Just go see it.  Please.

Okay, there you go!  Some good movie recommendations. :)  I hope you all have a fantastic week, and I'll see you next Saturday!

Comments

  1. I've watched four of the movies you listed (The Hundred Foot Journey, The Sound of Music, The Lord of the Rings, and Finding Nemo) and can second at least those ones as fabulous. ;) I'll have to find and watch the other ones now!
    Ugh. College. I mean, learning is great and everything...but sometimes I wish we were born with a cord or something that had the ability to plug into a knowledge source and BOOM. Everything you ever needed to know was in our brain. That would be so nice. (Also...an interesting fururistic story idea...but I digress)
    Awesome post, Luke. Thanks for sharing these films. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen six of those. I can say out of those six I liked five of them :P Still haven't had the chance to see Spirited away (I hear it's good but the only copy at my library is like totally scratched). Cool post though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've watched six of those ten! ;D LOTR is amazing, and with the Hobbit trilogy movies... ahHH.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment